Re-imagine and build the future of healthcare! Join us as the NewYork-Presbyterian Silverman Fellow in Healthcare Innovation.
This unique fellowship offers one outstanding individual the opportunity to work in our startup-like environment to develop new concepts and technologies, prototype their ideas rapidly, and build transformative, enterprise-wide solutions. The Silverman Fellow receives careful mentorship, gains comprehensive access to Hospital operations, and connects with senior leadership. These opportunities enable the fellow to take ideas from concept to practice-changing product.
The NewYork-Presbyterian Silverman Fellowship Criteria
The applicant should have a multidisciplinary background and will be evaluated on their expertise in the following domains:
- Software Engineering and Development
- Big Data Analytics
- Machine Learning
- Hospital Operations
- Clinical Practice
The winner will be selected by senior management, including:
- Steven Corwin, MD – President & Chief Executive Officer
- Laura Forese, MD – Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer
- Phyllis Lantos – Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer & Treasurer
- Laureen Hill, MD – Senior Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, NYP/Columbia
- Daniel Barchi – Senior Vice President & Chief Information Officer
- Emme Deland – Senior Vice President & Chief Strategy Officer
- Cam Patterson, MD – Senior Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, NYP/Weill Cornell
- Peter Fleischut, MD – Senior Vice President & Chief Transformation Officer
The Silverman Fellow will execute at least three major projects: two internal to the Innovation group and one via external collaboration. In addition, he or she will participate in twice-weekly Innovation meetings. Additional involvement in hospital operations, clinical department, strategy, and IT meetings should be expected in the process of advancing the fellow's Innovation projects.
We build leaders and not just craftsmen. The fellow will work closely with at least two carefully-selected mentors who will not only provide project guidance, but also help him or her develop original contributions and expand knowledge in complementary fields. Depending on skill set, the fellow will also have the opportunity to lead interns and developers.
Please see the application for project examples.
How to Apply
Applicants should apply by January 31, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please click here to download the application. The winning applicant will be contacted by April 1, 2018. The fellowship begins July 1, 2018 and ends June 30, 2019.
Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com with any questions. We are happy to hear from you!