Each year, we select one outstanding individual to be the Silverman Fellow. This Fellow joins the NYP Innovation Center's startup-like environment, receives careful mentorship, gains unprecedented access to Hospital operations, and connects with senior leadership. Through this experience, he or she learns to take ideas from concept to practice-changing product.
Previous Silverman Fellows have accomplished amazing feats, including creating multi-campus mobile applications, developing critical commercial partnerships, and leading the adoption of new technologies.
The NewYork-Presbyterian Silverman Fellowship criteria:
The applicant should have a multidisciplinary background with knowledge in the following domains:
- Software Engineering and Development
- Big Data Analytics
- Machine Learning
- Hardware Development (Wearables / IoT)
- Hospital Operations
- Clinical Practice
The winner will be selected by senior management, including
- Steven Corwin, MD – President & Chief Executive Officer
- Laura Forese, MD – Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer
- Phyllis Lantos – Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer & Treasurer
- Andria Castellanos – Group Senior Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, NYP Columbia
- Daniel Barchi – Senior Vice President & Chief Information Officer
- Emme Deland – Senior Vice President & Chief Strategy Officer
- Cam Patterson, MD – Senior Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, NYP Weill Cornell
- Peter Fleischut, MD – Chief Innovation Officer, NYP & Chief Medical Operating Officer, David H. Koch Center
The Silverman Fellow will execute at least three major projects: two internal to the Innovation group and one via external collaboration. In addition, he or she will participate in twice-weekly Innovation meetings. Additional involvement in Hospital operations, clinical department, strategy, and IT meetings should be expected in the process of advancing the fellow's Innovation projects.
We build leaders and not just craftsmen. The fellow will work closely with at least two carefully-selected mentors who will not only provide project guidance, but also help him or her develop original contributions and expand knowledge in complementary fields. Depending on skill set, the fellow will also have the opportunity to lead interns and developers.
Please see the application for project examples.
how to apply
Applicants should apply by March 1, 2017 to email@example.com. Click here to download the application. The winning applicant will be contacted by April 1, 2017. The fellowship begins July 1, 2017 and ends June 30, 2018.