InnovateNYP: Pediatric App Challenge Winners
Congratulations to our winners of the ten week Challenge!
First place ($25,000 prize):
Application name: FHIRStarters
- Promotes medication adherence for pediatric patients, an essential determinant of clinical success.
- Parents can see all of their child’s prescriptions, and when their child is supposed to take them.
- Parents receive reminders to administer the medications on time.
- Providers can view whether the patient has “taken,” “snoozed,” or “skipped” a medication.
Second place ($10,000 prize):
Application name: Teen Screen
- Doubles as a mental health screening application for teenagers between the ages of 12 and 18 and a collaboration device for patients as well as healthcare providers.
- Assesses a user's suicide risk through a clinically tested patient questionnaire.
- Provides resources to for the teenager to seek help, such as connecting with a doctor, and suicide hotlines.
- Providers can utilize the data to collaborate on patient care and evaluate which of their patients are high risk.
Third place ($5,000 prize):
Application name: Nyp Care Companion
- A chronic care management, engagement and education application.
- Designed for both pediatric patients and their patients.
- Pediatric patients learn about their condition and monitor their progress through earning virtual prizes.
- Parents find comprehensive information about their child's condition through written materials and videos.