InnovateNYP: Pediatric Appathon Winners
Congratulations to our winners! The Pediatric Appathon over March 12th and March 13th also launched the InnovateNYP: Pediatric App Challenge, which is occurring over the next ten weeks.
First place ($5,000 prize):
Team name: Kinder; Application name: “PIP.”
- An educational app for parents to walk them through the stages of the care process while their child is hospitalized.
- Digitizes the 40-page patient and visitor guide book used across NewYork-Presbyterian campuses.
- Pulls customized information directly from each patient's medical record.
- Features include: instructions for before, during and after surgery, when and what their child can eat, what time medications will be administered, and where parents can sleep overnight.
Second place ($3,000 prize):
Team name: My NYP Care Team; Application name: “Day by Day.”
- Empowers families with information by giving them a snapshot of each day their child is in the hospital.
- Parents will be put at ease knowing who is on their child’s care team at all times.
- Tabs in the app allow parents to keep record of their child’s treatments, their child's tests, their conversations with physicians, and their personal notes.
Third place ($2,000 prize):
Team name: Merge Conflict; Application name: “Discharge app."
- Utilizes a barcode to take discharge papers and makes them mobile.
- Parents can access details about their child’s diagnosis, appointment reminders, medication instructions (including actual photos of the medications), and a built-in contact feature to connect with the hospital care team after they get home.